Monday 17 August 2015

Upcoming Workshop - Sewing Level 1

This is going to be the first in a series of sewing workshops. 

I am an accomplished seamstress, and I have been sewing since before I can remember. My mom taught me to use a sewing machine when I was a small child, and though i have no formal training, I have about 25 years of trial and error and self-guided experience. I have made everything from simple drawstring bags, to prom dresses to hoodies and jeans. My style tends to be unique and unpolished, and I tend towards making my own patterns as opposed to following others'. That being said, I do know how to follow patterns, and can provide guidance on creating more tailored looks. 

This first workshop will be the very basics of sewing with a machine. You will learn:
- how to thread a standard sewing machine
- different common settings and stitches, and what they are useful for
- how to pin and hem
- everyone will get an opportunity to use a machine 

As well, I'd love to see pictures or hear ideas of projects people would like to work up to. This will allow me to create a program to guide you in your sewing journey! 

This workshop is tentatively scheduled for September 20th at 2 pm. If there is sufficient interest, we will schedule a second Level 1 workshop. 

Please RSVP on our Facebook page. PM Harmony Page if you need an invite to the group! 

No comments:

Post a Comment